Turkey: A Dubious AllyIn the past decade alone, Turkey has:
- Cracked down on internal dissent by jailing journalists.
- Violated Greece's (another NATO ally's) waters & air space.
- Bought weapons from Russia.
- Persecute Armenia.
- Acted increasingly belligerent to its neighbors.
- Positioned itself as a leader of the Islamic world, going so far to turn the Hagia Sophia back into a mosque, despite strong opposition from Christians. President Erdoğan has personally lead prayer in the newly converted mosque.
You would never know Turkey was an ally of the US by its actions.